News - Oscars 2013

One of the best ceremony's ever to be made. Funny, moving and a great piece of entertainment... like it should be!

Yes it was time again for the Oscars, and this time (being the film addict that I am) I decided to have my say at the nominees, and the Winners of course.

Best Picture - Argo
So, after Jennifer Lopez, after Daredevil, after a bunch of really awful movies (that will remain nameless) Ben Affleck comes back with a bang! He already had proven himself better with "The Town" but this takes it to a whole new level.... Oscar level! Congratulations!!!

Actor (Leading Role) - Daniel Day-Lewis
The award went to the greatest actor in the world! The man who invented acting all by himself! No objections whatsoever.

Actress (Leading Role) - Jennifer Lawrence
Really?!? Only one movie after the crap that was "The Hunter Games" and she wins an Oscar on a movie that isn't even nominated for anything else?! I would given it to Jessica Chastain instead cause she takes "Zero Dark Thirty" on her back and nails it! Not felling it but hopefully history will prove me right.

Actor (Supporting Role) - Christopher Waltz
Thanks Tarantino! No objections.

Actress (Supporting Role) - Anne Hathaway
I have a real problem with this Oscar because she's too young and still hasn't manage to grow out of the little-kiddy-princess look no matter what drama part they try and give her. I would of given it to Sally Field cause I think her carrer shows a lot better work over the years. But I guess the reviews from "Les Misérables", being a musical and all, took their weight.

Directing - Life of Pi
Only Steven (Spielberg) could take this Oscar from Ang Lee but I'm guessing since we all know that Steve is a better director, the Academy decided to let the world know that no matter if it's a comic character (Hulk), homosexual romantic cowboys (Broken Back Mountain) or anything else (Life of Pi), Ang Lee can directed just as good as Steve does.

Animated Feature Film - Brave
The moment they announced the winner twitter blew up with the name (Wreck it) Ralph. And I was on that page as well. Don't get me wrong Brave is a nice movie but that's it... nice! Another girly princess that want's to leave home and see the world story. It made Disney another franchise for a princess but that's it! No originality and certainly not Oscar worthy but... If you're gonna go agains't Disney I guess you need more than that!

Foreign Language Film - Amour
No objections since I didn't see the movie and I'm guessing the title helped a bit to most people into making their decision.

Original Score - Life of Pi
No objections since I didn't see the movie.

Original Song - Skyfall
Adelle just had to win to make all pop boys and girls happy. I mean when you win everything there's to win on the music level I guess an Oscar is the next big thing.

Original ScreenPlay - Django Unchained
I must say that this Oscar had to go to Tarantino of course. I know Zero Dark Thirty was probably a great one also but if your going against such hard hitter like Tarantino you better have something more than "Bin Laden was caught" film... not very original right?

Adapted ScreenPlay - Argo
For obvious reasons, it was getting obvious that the Argo was gonna be a winner that night.

Visual Effects - Life of Pi
The only reason this award was not given to "The Hobbit - An Unexpected Journey" was the fact that we all already knew all too well the Tolkien created Weta universe, so the oscar had to go to the "next in line movie" filled with VFX.

Short Film (Animation) - Paperman
This was also an obvious winner not only by the whole premise of the movie but by the technology it used on doing it. "Adam and Dog" had a much more compelling and dramatic story but I guess when you're against Disney... well you know what I mean!

Short Film - Curfew
No objections since I didn't see the movie.

Sound Mixing - Les Misérables 
No objections since I didn't see the movie.

Sound Editing - Skyfall 
Why was this given to Skyfall when they had all the other big movies there it's beyond me, probably to award something to Sam Mendes movie.

Production Design - Lincoln
Again my vote would go straight to the master minds Alan Lee and John Howe for their vision on "The Hobbit" but I guess once you see Middle-Earth for three times you've seen it all pretty much. Better to give it to a movie that reenacts the Civil War right?! Cause we never saw that before.

Makeup and Hairstyling - Les Misérables
Again, cause we see Dwarfs one to many times right?!

Film Editing - Argo
And Ben takes another one home!

Documentary Short - Innocence
No objections since I didn't see the movie.

Documentary Feature - Searching for Sugar Man
No objections since I didn't see the movie.

All in all it was a great ceremony on wich I love Seth MacFarlane, TED on stage, Jennifer Lawrence falling on the stairs on the way to the stage and of course William Shatner has Captain Kirk. More next year!

Comments

Popular Posts