DVD Review - Frozen

Here's a spoiler... The villain is in there somewhere!

If, in a movie, you put the words Disney plus Princess and animation together, I'm pretty sure we all know what we're gonna get... A fantasy castle princess love musical kiddy film! And Frozen is no exception.

Of course it's a good movie, of course you're gonna like it, smile, cry, laugh and come out of it singing your favorite tune. My problem with this one was the villain.

SPOILER ALERT

This is the first Disney movie where they purposely try and trick you into who the villain is! It's not a normal set for Disney to do that. The rule is round characters are good, sharp characters are bad and we pretty much know who everyone is from the start, but not in this one. We get a kinda of mixed villain that - for me anyway - didn't make that much sense.

It could of had gone pretty good if they just took the time and changed the script a bit but I guess they went for something new this time. For me this formula didn't work but i did welcome the introduction of more "curves" to Elsa in this movie... I mean she looked... Wooowww!

Still it's a great piece of (snow) animation that I'm sure kids and grown-ups can enjoy. I just expected more from all the hype!


A "frozen" 3 out of 5.

Comments

Popular Posts