DVD Review - Exodus: Gods and Kings

Ridley Scott is the only director I trust when it comes to making a remake work. Here's is latest example!
So today is time to bring back the old classics and once again tell a story know to most as "The Prince of Egypt" (1998) or "The Ten Commandments" (1956).

Even though this tale does not have the magic of Disney or the old Hollywood flavor, my opinion is that Ridley Scott has made this the most "scientifically" correct version I've seen thus far (if you can say that).

I was very surprised about the low reviews it got cause the movie itself is pretty good. It tells an important story but with new age cinema vibe and for audiences who have no idea what this is about it's a fresh and more cool movie to watch. I know the story can have multiple interpretations (and I won't get into that) but it entertained me and I must say Christian Bale (just like Russel Crowe in Noah) gives an outstanding performance in this awesome piece of film.

It won't blow your socks off but if you want an epic large scale story and a good movie, you can't go wrong with this one!


A biblical 3 out of 5.

Comments

Popular Posts