DVD Review - The Mummy (2017)

Tom is at it again hitting summer blockbusters!
Tom Cruise...

Tom Cruise even since Mission Impossible has had a taste for the punch, bullet, speed action movies and - I most say - I do enjoy most of them. Of course, I don't expect a great story on any of them, or any award winning performances but all in all... I like them! And this is another good example.

When I first heard of the new Mummy movie with Tom I thought "This has to be a joke! I mean they already did the movie like three times!" But no... It was the real deal. I didn't pay much attention after that but upon it's release on home movie I was kinda curious about it.

The movie is a mix of old Mummy meets new Mummy movie. It has a similar flavor but with some new science twists and a lot more nitty gritty action sequences. I liked that it was the start of - what could be - a whole serie of fantastical themed films with some really heavy hitter stars and I was intrigued about how the franchise will evolve.

No! This is not a great movie, and yes I do believe the original movie was better simply because it had a much lighter mood and was just funnier but, for a Saturday evening popcorn movie, it does the job rather well!


A three out of five!


Comments

Popular Posts