DVD Review - Resident Evil: Vendetta

The poster is ok. The movie... not so much!
Hello everyone,

Yes, summer time is almost over and I had a lot of fun and movies. Now comes the time to review them all starting with a personal genre of mine... CG Japanination.

I must admit ever since Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within (2001), Japan has been on the front edge of real live action animation much more than Pixar or Dreamworks until now. So, being the Resident Evil fan I was back in the day, I had to give this a go and although impressed by some moments and action shots, I have to say that this movie was quite a disappointment.

I mean I'm not expecting the next Oscar animation winner here but I was expecting a bit more of the story and the characters but manly I feel the story was just an excuse to put in some really cool action sequences John Wick (2014) style... the movie didn't deliver on a good excuse for a plot. Just one speed fighting moment to another without really caring about pacing of story.

Being the anime/manga fan that I am I still enjoy these movies but... I'm becoming less and less impressed!


A really small 2 out of 5.

Comments

Popular Posts