DVD Review - Resident Evil Retribution

Milla Jovovich is back at killing some zombie ass! And this time she's doing it right for a change!

Wooooow zombies dude!

Yes, that's my usual reaction to most times I see a zombie on a film... no matter which film!

I'm a game fan movie kind of guy and yes, I've played some Resident Evil in my days but the movies... Well they're just a bad excuse to make zombie movies at best, and thats why I've been a bit on n' off when it comes to Resident Evil flicks. I saw the first one (my bad) then skip one to see the third (my bad again) and skipped another to see this latest, lucky number five, Resident Evil Retribution and my thought is... it's really quite not that bad!

I'm not gonna say it's good! No, no, nooo... it hasn't reached that moment yet. But, as a B zombie movie it's not half bad. It has a great production value, good special effects and it's "truer" to the core material - if we can say that. It even has some characters from the game that we've never seen on the silver screen.

That combined with better and greater storyline, CG effects and even fight scenes it makes it look like a really good and decent zombie horror flic. One that I most enjoyed seeing after a while. More action and better action is always a good way to go!

In short, I had a good time it and kinda made me feel to go back to the games and play the hell out of those.


A not too bad 2 out of 5!


Comments

Popular Posts