Movie Review - Oblivion

A man, a dying planet, a plane... and that basically all you need to make a great movie!

I like Tom,

I don't mean I love Tom, I mean I like the dude. He seems like a cool guy to hang out with. Have a couple of laughs, watch the game, drink some beers, you know... an all around good guy!

That being said, as an actor he has had some good and some bad moments. I think he's always trying to hard to become the "serious" actor he wants everyone to see in him but we just like to see the good, simple, down to earth man.

In this movie however, this could, most likely, be the best "serious" part he has played yet! Don't get me wrong, this is after all an action sci-fi adventure, but Tom in this movie is not the all around Mission Imposible hero. He's just a man discovering what's around him... taking us (the audience) to a journey where he (and we) discover himself and the plot. And let me tell you what a plot!

I must say that this was, until now, the best movie I've seen this year! Yeah, I like the fun of Die Hard 5 (also a good one this year) but this... this was just surprising! I must say I wasn't expecting anything like this but it does show you that even with a small cast and narrow production value (I mean I know the movie costed millions but basically it could be done on a garage somewhere and the end result would be the exact same) you can still make a great movie.

 Congratulations Tom Cruise! More like this one and you can win an Oscar still!


A very worthy 4 out of 5.

Comments

Popular Posts