Movie Review - G.I. Joe Retaliation

A great cast for a not so great story... but hey... explosions all around never hurt in a movie! 
Hello soldiers,

So this is my second big movie of the year after Die Hard and to keep with the bullets and explosions bit this time was run and gun G.I. JOE Retaliation.

I had some hight hopes for this movie considering that it was delayed almost a year after some really bad first screening reviews last year. But was it worth the wait, was it better or even amazing? My opinion... no really!

I mean don't get me wrong, the first half of the movie shows a lot of premise. A great action scene, an escape scene and even a Snake Eyes moment so, halfway through I was like "Woow!!! Second half is gonna be sweet!" my mistake!

The movie is bottles up into a few guys mission after a case to push a button. Something we've never seen before - except on every Bond and MI movies - lame!!! I mean the first G.I. movie had an all out attack on an undercover base and this... this doesn't have nothing that tops that!

I was looking forward to kinda Transformers 2 sequel. More guns, more missiles, more vehicles, you know... more! So my felling was a bit disappointment. Still it has a Bruce Willis and the Rock never fails as an action hero.


A most difficult 2 out of 3! But I'm still getting the DVD when it comes out!

Comments

Popular Posts