DVD Review - The Dark Tower

If you're expecting the next Inception movie... You're in for a (bad) surprise!
I will admit, I am a big Stephen King movie fan.

I say "movie" cause in truth I've never read any of his novels. But do I have to?! Just seeing some of his best (cause there are also some worse) movie or series adaptations makes my jaw drop. If you don't believe me just tap his name on IMDB and find out. This man has been writing awesomeness for decades... Yes! I said decades!

But the question is: Is this one of his best or worst? Well... Let's just say "not best"!

Although I have full confidence in the acting abilities of both Matthew McConaughey and Idris Elba, this movie simply failed to capitalize on one of the most well known novels of the King.

Sometimes I was felling like it was in a kind of Steven Spielberg kid's movie and on other times I felt like I was looking at a B-Movie like Legion (2010) with all that was going on. I didn't felt connected to the main characters and at best I was transported to a novel that I figured would be a lot more cooler and interesting than this!

Disappointing was the word that came to my mind especially when I read that the new IT (2017) movie - by same creator - is doing really well. I guess not even Hollywood stardom could save this one!


A two out of five!

Comments

Popular Posts