DVD Review - War for the Planet of the Apes

You may not be ready what this movie has to offer.
Monkeys.

That's right! Our simian friends. The third movie of a serie that, for most, might not sound that interesting and yet... I was surprised once again.

I have to admit, for a movie about monkeys, these are extremely well written. The story and universe deals with how can we call ourselves humans when all we do is war and spread misery. Well... that's a bit simple but still, this movie raises a lot of questions about what it is to be human and what exactly is humankind striving for. Even more amazing is that they do it with an action emotional movie!

Yes, there are a lot of CG scenes, acting and the staff deserves an award just for that but also the writing is something to look at. Of course, I'm pretty sure this won't win any Oscar's (yet) but even so, and as I pointed out, this movie surprised me. And that's saying a lot!


A three out of five!

Comments

Popular Posts