Movie Review - Deadpool 2

Flashdance was a great 80's movie about dancing... But you're probably too young to know that!
Hey everyone,

Now that E3 2018 is over I can get back to some more usual movie reviews and I start off with Deadpool 2. I have to day I was very excited to see this one after the success of the first film and I was hoping for a good time on it. But did I? Well... Mainly yes!

Here's the thing. I love Deadpool! I like the character, his jokes, the breaking of the forth wall, his ninja like abilities and weapons, I like him and, in the first movie, it was all about two things, a love story and puns. Well this time it was a little bit different...

First and foremost we have several stories to follow. That would be a good thing if this was a fiction drama but this is supposed to be a comedy so the more storylines, the less room for jokes and gag's. Also, in spite of loving the characters they introduce in this film, for the exception of Cable and  Domino (which I kinda feel in love with), the rest aren't nearly as relevant or interesting to the storyline leaving you felling a bit lost in the middle of the several plots, or non the existing ones.

To make matters worse, in the first film it was all about the 90's Wham, Rap music, Hip Hop, fast paced, comic geek, star wars nerdy jokes and puns. In this one, most puns are mostly about Cher and a Barbara Streisand movie that no teenager or adult has ever seen or remembers enough to make it work in the movie.

The villain is not nearly as cool or vicious as the one in the first film and you're just left with a mildly gore action super hero comedy that doesn't impact nearly as much as the first Deadpool. Don't get me wrong, the movie still works! I mean it has all the CG and gag's every good film recipe would need but in the end (just like the popcorn's you'll certainly eat watching it) it's just isn't as of a memorable experience as the first one.


A three out of five!
★★★☆☆

Comments

Popular Posts